What is an Influencer
The Influencer is at the centre of the action when we talk about Influencer Marketing. He is the one who gave the name of this new niche of marketing used globally and in a continuous growth.
This new approach of marketing was born due to influencers.
Table of Contents
1. what is an influencer
2. what are communities
3. dividing influencers by categories, types of influencers & content niches
1. What is an influencer?
An influencer is a content creator who gathers large communities around him or her because of the content he or she makes and then posts on his or her own Social Media channels.
2. What are communities?
Communities are represented by online users who follow the influencers’ activity and who begin to trust the values they have and the recommendations they make.
Due to the increase in the number of users on Social Media, the number of communities, respectively of the people who follow content creators, has also increased and thus the Influencer Marketing niche has developed (and continues to develop).
This niche is estimated to reach $ 15 billion in 2022, according to Business Insider.
Being a constantly growing industry, we have several types of influencers, divided according to several criteria.
3. Dividing influencers
- mega-influencers (they have over 1 million followers and are represented by celebrities; ex: Selena Gomez);
- macro-influencers (they have between 100,000 and 1 million followers and most of them come from YouTube; ex: Lilly Singh);
- micro-influencers (they have between 1,000 and 100,000 followers and are considered experts in their niches by those who follow them);
- nano-influencers (have a maximum of 1,000 followers).
By types of influencers:
- vloggers / YouTubers (are content creators who generally work on YouTube, the largest and most popular online video platform);
- bloggers (are blog owners, who write on different topics, about different topics, in a personal style);
- podcasts (are podcast makers, who make podcast episodes about a certain niche, where they discuss either alone or with guests).
By content niches:
- beauty (the most popular niche in Influencer Marketing in 2020);
- food and beverage
- parenting etc.